This page serves as a current status of the SPARC remote station. Members utilizing the system via the remotehams.com software can check here for the latest equipment status or other information concerning the remote. If you are a SPARC club member and want to use the remote, please go to remotehams.com and get the software. Here is a direct link but please also read the Getting Started guide (note you should search for SPARC to find our remote).
If you are a SPARC member and want to be able to connect to the remote, please email email@example.com to gain receive access and schedule a “check-ride” on the equipment in person at SPARC to gain TX privileges.
Current Remote Settings
- Frequency: 28050000
- Mode: CW
- S-Meter: S3,3,21
- Forward Power: 0000
- VSWR: 0.00
- Rotor Direction: 335 degrees
Due to antenna projects, only the Log Periodic is available which covers 20m through 10m (including 17m and 12m).
Amplifier is online (please be sure to set it to standby when you disconnect and lower the power level if you use the amp)
The remote is available evenings and weekends (except contest weekends).
An antenna work party is scheduled for Saturday December 16th to work on the 40m antenna, the 160m and 80m antennas. Please check the SPARC website and volunteer if you can.
- The radio used for the remote is an Elecraft K3. This radio has a 1.8Khz SSB filter and a second receiver.
- The amplifier is an SPE 1.3K-FA 1300 watt amplifier. This is not currently enabled for the remote.
- For 20m, 17m, 15m, 12m and 10m, the antennas is a Tennadyne Log Periodic up 50 feet.
- 160m (Dipole under construction)
- 80m (Dipole under construction)
- 40m Force 12 Sigma vertical (under construction)
- 6m – Note the Log Periodic seems to work OK with the tuner in the K3
- Green Heron RT-21 Rotor Controller
- Top Ten Devices Band Decoder
- Array Solutions Six Pak antenna switch
- HP Elite Pro Desktop Computer
- CyberPower UPS
- Raspberry Pi router and VPN server
- Digital Loggers Web Power Switch
- Lantronix EDS4100 Serial Device Server