James Osborne, KI4EN, became a Silent Key at 93 at the VA hospital at Bay Pines on 7/27. He was a WW2 veteran. He lived for 40 years in St. Petersburg and was known by many local hams. He built and repaired of radio equipment for himself and others and has a large inventory of parts and tools.
James’ son, Jim K7LYQ, is advising us of an estate sale September 15-17 which will include the following ham equipment:
- Henry 2K-4L amplifier with Eimac 3-500 tube and spare HV transformer.
- BTI amplifier with Eimac 3–1000 tube.
- 2 Ten-Tec Titian 425 amplifiers with tubes.
- Icom IC-2KL solid-state amplifier.
- Icom IC-751A & power supply.
- Icom IC-AT-500 antenna tuner.
- Icom IC-PS30 power supply.
- Cushcraft R-7000 vertical antenna.
- Drake TR-3 transceiver/power supply.
- Spare RF power amplifier tubes 4CX-1000 (very low hrs).
- Kenwood K-2000 amplifier with tube.
- 2 Autec WM-1 power meters
- Large HV transformers and capacitors for 10 Kw amplifiers
- Jennings vacuum variable 10-375 ppf 10kv capacitor.
- 100’s of Amphenol RF connectors.
- Various test equipment, parts and electronics.
All the equipment is in good operating order and stored in a clean non-smoking environment. Manuals are available for most equipment. The estate sale is being handled by:
Tampa Estate Sales
The sale will be held September 15-17 at the KI4EN QTH in south St Petersburg at:
5050 62nd Ave South
Prices will be based on offers and reduced until sold.
If you have any questions, contact Jim Osborne, K7LYQ, cell phone (702) 808-7132 and email:
Please circulate this information to any groups you feel would be interested in this equipment.